I have always been skeptical when it comes to companies saying that their product actually works! Most of the time I would ignore those cheesy infomercials and think yeah right lol. But then there were times when I would actually order something thinking ok, maybe this could work! Nope, I was wrong!!! Several months ago I was browsing Facebook and a post came up on my news feed about Young Living Essential oils. I admit, the post was eye catching and made me want to look into it but Being a skeptic, I just ignored it. A few days later I started to think about the post I had seen and decided to do a little research, I’ve been told that YL essential oils could help with certain things with kids with special needs. Now that was something that sparked my interest. And the only reason I looked into it lol. So for days, even weeks i researched anything and everything I could find about them. My mind was blown! Everything I had read was amazing! So I finally took the chance and contacted the lady who posted about YL. Before I even signed up she sent me info, added me to the facebook group, and introduced me to moms with special needs kids. Since then I have met so many wonderful people, learned so much and started living healthier. These oils have benefited my family and I so much! When I first recieved my kit I immediately started making rubs, sprays, etc for my little one. I’ve seen amazing changes not only with her but with myself as well. I am so happy that I took the plunge and joined young living! It has changed our lives for the better and I’m no longer a skeptic! I’ve seen some amazing things happen with these oils! So, if you are anything like I was then do your research! I will also add a link below for all you skeptics out there!!!!
There are scientific articles that support why essential oils work! I will updated this post when I get all the links together. I know a lot of people want something more than just an article like the link I’ve provided. So stay tuned for more information about scientific research on how essential oils are useful!
Essential oils are aromatic liquids that are extracted from plants through steam distillation.
Steam distillation is the process used to separate the essential oils from the plant material. As the plant material is softened with water, the steam that rises contains the essential oils. This is genuine, therapeutic-grade oil from a first distillation. This same plant matter can be Distilled many more times to extract more oil, but each distillation produces oil that is less and less potent. It takes 5,000 lbs of Rose petals to make 2 cups of Rose oil.
Essential oils have been used medicinally since ancient times.
There are several ways you can use therapeutic-grade essential oils…
- Diffusing essential oils can not only uplift the spirit but can also make your home smell amazing!!!
- Rub 2-3 drops of essential oil between your palms and inhale.
- Add a few drops of essential oil to a bowl of hot water. Cover your head and bowl with a towel. Breathe deeply & slowly.
2. Topically, many essential oils are safe a& beneficial to use directly on the skin.
- Place 2-3 drops of essential oil directly on the desired area and massage in. Repeat as directed. Always follow the label’s dilution instructions.
- Apply to vita flex points on feet, hands, ear, etc.
* caution: essential oils are very potent and may be irritating to the skin. Some oils may also cause temporary photosensitivity. Always make sure to read which oils need to be diluted with a carrier oil. Once a carrier oil is mixed with the essential oil its safe to use on skin.
3. Internally, when taking oils internally, try these tips:
- Place several drops of oil into a gelatin capsule and swallow with water.
- Add 1-2 drops of essential oil to a glass of water, juice, yogurt plant based milk or your favorite sweetener of choice.
- Add 1-2 drops of oil (to taste) to meals when cooking.
Note: always consult individual product labels for usage directions.